Monday, September 19, 2011

Feedback as P.I.G.S

Graphology can help you understand a lot of things like - Stress level, health issues, personal nature, ability to work hard, ego and other abilities that can ensure that I talk for about 2 hours at least but it cannot predict the ability to give feedback sadly. I have a amusing story ahead, I was asked a question recently that I just didn't have an answer to.

I recently met a lady who knew herself really well. She is in the senior management of a company and had come to me for a mini analysis. She seemed happy with the analysis and I think I helped her with the solutions she was looking for. She was slightly unhappy with her boss because of his talkative nature and since she was to change her job soon she decided not to waste any time on it. While getting up, she asked me, "Can u tell me which traits can tell me if a person will give feedback like PIGS" I kept staring at her, hoping she would tell me what it meant, some new term...

Thankfully, she did. She said - Positive Immediate Graphic and Specific. I realized about 8-10 seconds that that is what PIGS stood for. I asked her if this was for the future boss and she sat down and gave me a big YES. I told her that there is no such trait, but a mix of traits and it would be difficult to judge accurately even for me. She sighed and said she would anyway get her future boss's sign for me if possible. To which I had to smile and agree.

It is amazing, I learn something new everyday. :)

1 comment:

  1. New article directory would love to have you among publishers.


    http://articles.webdesignattitude.com/


    Our free online article directory is always ready to capture your articles and publish them in no time. Submitting your articles in our directory gives you the opportunity to acquire maximum exposure, high volume traffic and increase link popularity.

    Best regards,
    Article Directory team

    ReplyDelete